|Our Education||Bachelor's degree in Computer Science ||Master's degree in Nursing |
|Our Professions||I.T. Analyst ||Advanced Nurse Practitioner |
|Stay-At-Home||Work from home full-time||Part-time |
|Our Racial Background||African American ||African American |
|Some of Kleb & Kenya's Favorites
|Food||Seafood||Caribbean & Indian|
|Hobby||Soccer||Swimming & Reading|
|Vacation||Mexico||Colombia & Haiti|
|Type of Movie||Disney||Romantic drama|
|Music genre||Afrobeat||Afrobeat; R&B|
|Childhood memory||Going to soccer games with my cousins||Sunday lunch after church, then swimming with my family|
|More About Our Family
|Fun Facts About Us|
- We speak a total of 6 languages between us.
- We have run several 5Ks and 10Ks together, even in the rain.
- We have 4 college degrees between us.
- We have traveled to 24 states and 10 countries together.
- We have touched and fed giraffes by hand.
- Our favorite summer activity is hiking, then jumping into the river for a quick dip
We believe in God and are active members of a large, multicultural Christian church. We attend service regularly and also participate in adult and couples' programs throughout the year. We believe that having community support is an integral part of our spiritual health. We believe that God has a plan for our lives.
|Our Extended Family|
We are both blessed to come from large families. Kenya's the youngest of five kids. Her parents and sister live close by and often drop by to visit. Kenya's mom is a retired kindergarten teacher and takes great pride in making learning fun for Amari. Amari often has sleepovers with our family and trusted friends, which he adores. Both of Kenya's brothers live in the D.C. area with their families and visit often.
Kleb is the 6th child of a family of 8 children. He has 16 nieces & nephews. Most of his family lives in Connecticut and we talk and visit with them regularly. We have a group chat that we use to keep in touch with each other almost daily, and we always make a point to visit each other during the summers and holidays. All of our family is very excited for our second adoption and ready to welcome your child into our fold.
|Our Thoughts on Parenthood|
- We strongly believe that a parent's primary role is to provide a safe environment for their children, both physically and emotionally. We regularly tell and show our love to Amari with both words and physical touch. Hugs, kisses, and "I love you" are a cornerstone in our daily lives.
- We believe that our home is a safe space for all family members, no matter their age. We believe in mutual respect, trust, and open communication and we will encourage our children to express themselves respectfully. We believe in taking care of our children's mental health.
- We believe in setting firm boundaries while encouraging independence and exploration. We do not believe in the withdrawal of love/affection for negative behavior.
- We believe that as parents, our role is to guide our children to discovering their passions and ambitions. We do not believe that we are meant to control our children's lives or futures but rather assist and guide them to achieve their own personal goals. We believe in exposing our kids to many different ideas, cultures, and traditions and expanding their world view as much as we can.
|We Prefer a Child Who Is...
|Age of Child|
Yes, with oldest up to 4 years
Our greatest desire is to grow our family. Adopting our son has enriched our lives in so many ways and we cannot wait to experience life with another child/children running around the house. We look forward to Saturday afternoon soccer games and cookouts, swimming and biking on the weekend with family and friends, and traveling to all corners of the globe during summer holidays.
Thank you for taking the time to consider us as parents for your child. We would love to meet you.