|Our Professions||Realtor||Director of Administration & Communication|
|Stay-At-Home||No, but works from home some||Part-time|
|Our Racial Background||White||White|
|Some of Brad & Stephanie's Favorites
|TV Show||Stranger Things||Jane the Virgin|
|Meal||Roast Beef & Mashed Potatoes||Tacos|
|College Course||Creative Writing||Social Psychology|
|Childhood Memory||Game nights in the camper with my family||Tent camping on the river in Maine with my cousins every summer|
|City We've Visited Abroad||San Juan La Laguna, Guatemala||Paris, France|
|Cartoon Character||Bluey's dad, Bandit Heeler||A classic, Winnie the Pooh|
|Song||"Captivated" by Shawn McDonald||"The Room Where It Happens" from the Hamilton Soundtrack|
|More About Our Family
|Highlights of a Typical Week with our Family|
- Sam loves school and regularly goes to swim lessons at the rec center
- Stephanie volunteers with the youth group at church every Wednesday
- Brad makes a cup of coffee and takes the dog on a daily walk through the neighborhood
- A regular Sunday involves church, naps, and family time in the yard
- We're always game for a nighttime movie together
|Our Extended Families|
We have loving relationships with our extended families. Our son and future baby have 4 very loving, doting grandparents. We have three sisters and three brothers-in-law who we love dearly and we all love being aunts and uncles to each other's kids!
Stephanie's family, while not nearby, are very much a part of our lives. We fly as often as we can to see each other, and they're so invested in our adoption journey. Brad's parents live in town, so dinners and playdates can happen often. Everyone is excited about our plans to adopt!
|Fun Facts About Us|
- Stephanie speaks French, is obsessed with Broadway musicals, and wants to learn sign language.
- Brad loves puzzles, doesn't like to watch the same movie twice, and enjoys spending time in his wood shop in the garage.
- We love playing board and card games! Dutch Blitz, Code Names, and Settlers of Catan are some of our favorites.
|Favorite Family Traditions|
For birthdays we like to plan experiences as gifts: Stephanie's favorites are trips to the mountains, Sam loves going to the zoo, and Brad loves a night out with good friends and food.
For Christmas we alternate which extended family we're with, and our own traditions include opening stockings on Christmas Eve and opening the presents throughout the day instead of all at once.
Thanksgiving is a wild card. Some years we're with family, some years we go on a Family Adventure! One year we did a Southwest Road Trip to Utah, New Mexico, and Arizona.
|We Prefer a Child Who Is...
|Age of Child|
Either boy or girl
From both of us, we promise to love you and to love your baby unconditionally. Forever. We promise to seek open, safe communication with you as much as you're comfortable with. We promise to care for your baby when they're tiny. We promise to give him or her adventures and experiences and opportunities when they're older. We promise to wrap them up fully in our lives and provide love, safety, encouragement, honesty, support, belonging, and a home to thrive in.